The following are some of the new changes to the new two-year GCSE course which will be assessed in June 2017:
Linear GCSEs, with assessment to be taken at the end of the course in June, so therefore no modules and no exam until June2017
- A new grading scale that uses the number 1-9 to identify levels of performance (with 9 being the top level).
- More subject content which we will discuss in future blogs.
- Foundation tier covers grades 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 (U).
- Higher tier covers grades 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, (3), (U).
- More problem solving questions.